Makapu'u Lighthouse

Yuck. It feels like it's been forever since I last updated this thing. I've been pretty busy and stressed out about my grades, and now I'm sitting in my apartment feeling sorry for myself that I can't go to the beach on Spring Break (in Hawai'i????), because I have another gnarly paper to write that is due the first day back from break. Anyway, I went on a pretty awesome hike yesterday with my friend to Makapu'u Lighthouse. It was a very easy and very beautiful hike. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and I can't wait to go on all the awesome hikes around here!

"Makapu'u Lighthouse is one of Hawaii's most familiar landmarks commanding a spectacular view of the Windward side of O'ahu. The lighthouse was built in 1909 and automated in 1974. A 2-mile paved trail leads to the lighthouse and a fantastic view of the entire coastline and the island of Molokai in the distance. " 
- Hawaii Web


 This is a dormant volcano that I will scale one day.

 The view from the start of the hike. :)

 Oh, just doing yoga on Pele, the Goddess of Fire's  chair. No big. 

 This is keawe (pronouced "kay-ah-veh"); it's very good for fire wood. Many dishes are cooked over keawe, which give it a unique flavor. 

 Oh, look! We found the light house!

Very cool to see the windward side of the island considering how I rarely go out there. 

 Yay we made it! :D





 Hung out at Sandy Beach for a little while afterward.

 Sigh, even the car ride home was beautiful. :)

Oh man, that hike was so awesome! I'm so ready for another one, especially because I have the day off today! I think I'm gonna drag the boyfriend to Manoa Falls today. Yes. I'll be back soon with more pictures! I hope you all have been doing well. :)


3 comments:

  1. Wow .. so beautiful!! So sad that you don't get to enjoy spring break (in Hawaii!!!!) *smirk* =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky. It's beautiful all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these photos are amazingggg! Such a beautiful place!

    -Chymere Anais

    ReplyDelete