Overcoming the Final Stretch

So I did it; one semester down. In all honesty, it seemed as though this first semester at my new school dragged on longer than I would have liked it to. It's been a long seventeen weeks of having to read countless novels of which I held zero interest in, and hours upon hours of endless studying. Anyway, I just woke up from passing out after a weekend of running on a total of three hours of sleep to give you a heads up on my plans for this short break. Although my winter break is only a mere three weeks long, I am going to relish this break as much as I can considering how next semester's load is going to be a bit more challenging.

Aside from work and a whole lot of blogging, my plans for this holiday break include:

Reading literature of my choice instead of the Hawaiian literature and history I have been bombarded with as an effort to get that ridiculous UH requirement out of the way. 


Getting back into the cooking groove. My diet lately has been nothing but frozen burritos, hot pockets, and easy mac.
I think it's time to ease up on the sodium.

Getting back in the habit of running every night. I think that might help with my aching legs because they are always in so much pain after I get off work, and my guess is my legs are simply not in the best shape to withstand a day's worth of standing.

Brushing up on this last semester's French in hopes of being well-prepared for next semester.
Also it's to get going on my goal of becoming fluent in five different languages.

With Christmas quickly approaching (and my shopping having yet to commence), I know that this might be a rather daring list to accomplish within just three weeks, but we'll see how it all turns out. These are all things I love doing anyway, so I'm hoping that the tackling of these hobbies shouldn't be too difficult. Speaking of holiday shopping...

Have you all finished your holiday shopping? Any hardcore procrastinators out there like me who haven't even started yet??? Also, I was thinking of posting up my wish list just for fun, but was worried it might be too late in the season to do so. Is it still acceptable to post a wish list? I'm so behind on the blogging game it's sad. I hope you've all been well!

6 comments:

  1. Well done with finishing your first semester!
    I don't envy you at all.

    Funnily enough, even though I am done with collage, your goals are the same as mine!

    I want to read instead of (pretend to) study Japanese all of the time.
    I have been so busy at work I haven't cooked a decent meal in forever.
    I am recovering from a bad cold so haven't been running in aaages.
    And I want to become fluent in Japanese, you want to be fluent in 5 languages...that's intense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing!! I bet that is an amazing feeling.

    My diet is terrible and I have no excuse. :)

    I spoke French throughout college and have so little opportunity to use it - I'm afraid I'll lose it, so I sometimes talk in French to my two kitties, haha.

    And wow, five languages - you have set the bar high, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you darlings!

    I'm actually already fluent in English and Vietnamese. So I have two down, three to go! I'm hoping that my summers and winters spent in France will help speed up the process along with the three years of Spanish that I took in high school haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy lady! Thanks for the sweet comment and congrats and a successful semester. Do what you love and you have a fabulous break :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks like you've got a nice relaxing winter vacation planned! (:
    i'm one of those annoying shoppers who has been finished her Christmas to-do list since Thanksgiving morning. haha.
    Good luck getting it all done!! (:

    http://allaboutalynne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete